Excel – Foundations
Sep 11, 2019 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Why attend? Excel is one of the most powerful tools to manage, analyse and present data in an efficient and effective manner. The ability to utilize this tool well is a skill that can be built up through practice. But where to start? Together, we unpack the basics of Excel as we go from typing your first heading to understanding basic formulas and creating your first visually dynamic chart. Small groups allow maximum individualized attention. As a result this Foundations training is suitable for users with prior exposure to Microsoft Office, but who need a better understanding of Excel.
Who should attend? New graduates, employees, and managers who are unfamiliar with MS Excel, but understand the usefulness thereof.
Outcomes / content covered:
- Understand the layout of the Excel window
- Effectively navigating the spreadsheet
- Understand how to set up the maiden workbook
- Utilise editing and formatting commands for data
- Set up printing preferences
- Understand the clipboard
- Quickly amend rows and columns
- Understand the autofill function
- Analyse data effectively
- Use basic functions and formulas
- Understanding absolute and relative references
- Create basic charts
What is included? Lunch and teatime snacks, user manual, final assessment to receive certificate of competence. Laptop rental available at additional cost.
How do I sign up? Click here to proceed to the bookings page, or contact the organizer based on the details below.
View our other upcoming events here.